Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A day late, but no worries....

Her letter was a whole day late last week (so I asked why), and Mom was on the verge of calling the Mission Home to see if she was snowed in or what..... her letter arrived just in the nick of time!
 
I was late because we were getting transfer calls Tuesday morning as opposed to throughout the day Monday, so we waiting for our email time to be on Tuesday… I evidently failed to mention it the previous week. I'm sorry. >:
 
That being said, we are due for a tremendous storm tonight/tomorrow (2/2/16), so rumors circulate between 8 and 20 inches of snow. Sounds horrific and have also subsequently rearranged all our missionary meetings this week. Wah. We do all our weekly planning the Friday before and it’s today we learn about rearrangements. Sigh. No worries.
 
This week has been a plethora of up and down. One day was good- we ended up seeing and accidently running into all sorts of less active members, so it wasn't the original 8+ hours of knocking on doors looking for someone who wants to learn more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that we had planned. I was also down for several hours yesterday with a migraine.
 
Our investigator has been ignoring us the past 24 hours, so we're not sure what to do, but we're working on it. He can't ignore us forever. I hope it’s not because he's lapsed back into his addiction and he's ashamed, but that's really mild in comparison to what it could be, I guess.
 
Saturday was extra interesting because we went over to a less active member's house to cook. It was interesting in that we were cooking a very expensive cut of steak, on the stove, in a pan, with vegetable oil (along with green beans, rolls, and mashes potatoes- Sister B, an avid cook, and this was a special treat.  All the while, I was keeping their two children out of the kitchen. So I herded children and followed directions and cleaned dishes because I was somewhat superfluous in the kitchen after a certain point.
 
I had been concurrently reading the New Testament and the Book of Mormon, and finished both this week, then finished The Pearl of Great Price, so on to Doctrine and Covenants. Exciting! I like straight reads, but I need to do more study studying, if that makes sense. I'm supposed to start studying charity and another attribute, but admittedly I've been putting it off because I don't like getting them tried. Gonna have to give in here shortly.
 
Sunday was fun in that it was the last day of the month, and since we were extra stingy with miles, we were able to go out a little farther and visit less active members we hadn't seen and couldn't normally see due to mile restrictions.
 
It’s going to be a rough month for miles because we have to go all the way to Cedar Falls twice (125 miles total each trip, just to and from, for Zone Training [big missionary meeting] and for Interviews [yay face to face time with President!]), and once to Cedar Rapids (I think is another 150+ round trip, not including any stops that must be made? for Exchanges since the new rule is we always blitz the leadership area)... So needless to say, we'll be staying closer to home and seeing if people are more willing to give us rides (hilarious, but not for lack of trying, I guess.).
 
Anyhow, all my love. :)
 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment