Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Mosquitos and investigators


I was getting the mosquito treatment earlier this week, and I for the life of me could not figure how, until we killed a mosquito in our room and started sleeping with the fan on to discourage any survivors. So I'm maintaining at a total of 22 mosquito bites this summer. Super sad that the sister missionary dress code to address the mosquito-borne illnesses proliferating in the African and Asian parts of the world. Only applies to said parts of the world. No pants for me.

 

This week has been an interesting series of ups and downs. We've done service at a couple of places this week, and have tried to be fruitful in our efforts, to varying degrees of success. And I swear this whole place runs 30 minutes plus late some days, just for fun.
 

But on the bright side, we have a new investigator and we met with an investigator we hadn't seen in a long time. Seems like we've built a good bond, so we're hoping to see her more often so she can reach her date of July 14th. We also got to go to the temple this week with the Relief Society president, which was very nice. Today we'll also be going to Carthage to see the jail, since the church has made it a historical site.

 

I'm doing well. Anxious for transfers next week. It's a tossup as to what could happen. And next email I still won't know because calls go out Tuesday.

Anyhow. All my love.

Christine

(little more than 6 weeks!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment