Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 13

This letter is late since Mom (blog editor) and Dad were out of town and service was suspect, so letters were traded, but this had to wait....my apologies... BUT, the next letter will be posted shortly!




So I'm finishing my tenure in Macomb, Illinois. My new companion is Sister Pope, from Magna, Utah, and we're getting along very well. I forgot my card reader this week so no pictures at this time. Next week.

An up and down week. of course we were very stressed packing up and shipping off Sister Carter. We had dinner with a couple of people, Wednesday night being the last night of the transfer, we had dinner with a member and a number of his nonmember friends. One of them got a little hostile (I would chalk it up to the 4+ Bud Lights he had knocked back), but apparently they had a good conversation after we left. Hopefully there will be fruit there someday. But on a more positive note, there may be wedding bells in the air as we help a couple be baptized and come to church. They have a super cute 3 year old and a 6 month old together and more or less haven't gotten married because they couldn't afford the surrounding bells and whistles (because you have to have a party to get married, I guess). I didn't really fully realize quite how much pastors and churches charge to marry people. ]: It's wild.

Anyhow. Love you. Hope Philmont is most fun. I am jealous. (Mom and Dad are spending this week at Philmont Scout Ranch/Training Center in New Mexico for MORE training….)

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment