Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 20.....last area just days left until her return!



Sisters Pope and Kurt


cracked windshield - heat related?
Macombie Homies
So it’s that time of the year apparently, because it’s offensively hot outside, and naturally that’s when everyone’s too busy to talk to us and no one else wants to make eye contact with us either, so we knocked like 90% of the week. We talked to a lot of people though, so that was cool. 135 people talked to us long enough for us to invite them to do something.

 

This coming week is zone conference, the last one I will attend and the last time I will see my mission president before we get a new one, which is super sad because I’m very attached to President and Sister Jensen. I also received my departing packet this week, informing me of the things I need to know in preparation of my final week.  I have 32 days until I am home. A month. (Hope Jake is preparing for the changes coming.) (Jake will need to move out of his bedroom, to make room for her)  I’m trying to do it right these final weeks (because it’s really easy to want to pile out when it’s 96 degrees outside, plus humidity). So long story short I’m feeling a little trunky (wanting to pack her “trunk” and go home). It was weird looking at the calendar and planning things for people after I know I will be very gone.

 

We started working with an investigator that elders have been trying to work with for the last few months. We took her with us to Nauvoo for a performance by some BYU folk dancing troop. It seemed like a good time to do a hand off... Unfortunately she has 4 kids under the age of 10 and needless to say they didn't like sitting watching 90 minutes of people dancing in costume. Our member who came with us helped us wrangle them and the kids who sat behind us were polite enough to help try and keep them occupied. It seemed like a good experience all in all. Also it's an hour drive back and we didn't get out of there until 10ish so we also were pretty wiped out the next day. Wiped out enough that she didn't come to church the next day. Killer. We'll get with her again very soon.

 

The performance itself was really enjoyable- if that doesn't motivate you to work out a little more diligently, I don't know what will. Wow, some flexibility. I was very impressed and I'm excited to come home and be allowed to dance again too.

 

We have a new investigator, Breanna. We found her while knocking. It seems it’s the season to get married, as she was like the 6th person we knocked into that was going to a wedding shortly thereafter. We had an awesome doorstep lesson and will be back tonight to see her.

 

Things are going well with Sister Pope (newest companion) and I. We get along well and apparently she loves that I tell stories because she will occasionally prompt me to tell one when I have somehow miraculously stopped talking. (It was a goal to talk less, as I feel like I talk too much/am always sharing some story, but apparently right now it is welcome. Oh well.)

 

1/3rd of the way through the transfer. Where did those two weeks go?

 

All my love

Christine

 

 


 


 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. We work with the Sisters and Elders in the Ontario Stake Spanish Branch. It is like losing part of your heart when they inevitably transfer out. The best is when there is a convert baptism and the mission president allows all the missionaries who worked with that person to come to the baptism. Reunion time!

    ReplyDelete