Monday, May 9, 2016

warmer weather and thoughts of home


As of May 12th, it will be 10 weeks to go. 2 1/2 months sounds so much longer. Coming to the end.

It was good to see everyone (We were able to skype the day before – Mothers Day! YAY!), and as you probably guessed, the handful of people online at the time were pleased to hear from me as well. Minor celebrations in my skype window (We heard several bells and dings indicating new Skype messages).

A box went out today. It is weighty. It has the books inside it (apparently the box would have been almost $40 had I sent it in anything other than a flat rate box. Whoo.)


It’s been a whirlwind of up and down again. The dreary weather has more or less passed and beginning its steady climb into the unfathomably hot
(and humid…ew), but it’s in the 60s again today and periodically sneezing from the sky; a very confused weather pattern indeed. Pattern is perhaps a strong term.

We found one new investigator who is the stepson of a member. We met a less active member of the ward, too.

People are -generally- kinder to us here, though the non-committal noises people make when we ask if we can share more with them is still frustrating. Is it really so hard to tell us “no I’m not interested”? I make sure to thank people who are direct in their declining. Maybe the lesson will spread.

We were more or less grounded Sunday because Sis. Carter was super sick. It was a little awkward when she was vomiting in the church bathroom, but what can you do? She sat in the foyer while I sat with a less active in the chapel, and so a member thought we were fighting. No, just need a quick exit to the bathroom when her body continues to rebel. But thanks for the concern (they and the mission nurse are trying to figure what’s wrong…and what to do about it).

I'm doing well enough. We have interviews this week, and I realized it will be the last one with President Jensen- we change presidents July 1, so my exit interview will be with a man I will have only briefly met. I'm looking at my things with an eye of 'what can I leave behind' and 'what needs to be mailed home'? I'll likely send one more box home just before it's time to go with a bunch of my missionary library, and whatever other odds and ends that can fit around it. I also picked up some vacuum bags on sale, so we'll see if we can cram more in there. d:

Anyhow. love you. Be well.

Christine

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Leave climate appropriate stuff behind. I never wore a winter suit or coat again.

    ReplyDelete