Monday, March 7, 2016

snow, then no snow


The box mom sent arrived last week on Monday. :) thank you so much for the Girl Scout cookies! I finally packed the box I'm sending home and it goes in the mail today.

Monday we went to visit one of the myriad of Amish communities around here. Super cool stuff, and one guy (and his two adorable little boys) took us back to his barn to show us his horses. The one he referred to as a 'pony' had to be at least 8 ft tall and hooves as big as dinner plates. Bigger than Clydesdales, apparently. It was wild. There was also a store that sold essential oils, so I may meander back some time when I have a little more cash (since they don't exactly take credit cards). We had a grand time, which was really for the best, since we can really use the down time.  

 

It snowed last Monday night, so all the beautiful green grass was covered in another couple inches of snow. Back to the boots and heavy jackets again. Good thing I hadn't packed my cold weather yet... But today it’s back up in the high 50s so the snow is almost entirely gone and the grass is still green. Wat? We’re not sure what the forecast is for the rest of the week, but we're hoping warm. There will likely be a box of cold weather stuff towards the end of this month or the beginning of next.

Mission life continues. I seem to be doing alright, doing my best to keep eating decently and taking my multivitamin (since Sister B thinks I'm low on iron and that's why I'm always so cold all the time), and just keeping focus on the here and now.

 

There's plenty to keep me busy here. We're sure one lady we're working with is on meth, and we're pretty sure another guy we were working with is in jail right now, and it's always a merry-go-round with the small town drama. I just want to talk to people about Jesus Christ. Is that so much to ask?

 

Transfers are on Thursday.  Sister B will be glad to be out of this difficult area, but will be sad to be split up.  I'll get moved the transfer following. Honestly though, I'm really not worried. I'm really in a roll with the punches mood right now. Wild. I love my companion and I'm sad to part with her.

 

All my love. Hope all recover back home. :) (We’re all sick at home…)

 

Love

 

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment