Monday, March 21, 2016

Flamingos and Chickens

Tiny Pink Flamingos

Giant metal chicken



The weather can't make up its mind- the temperature tanked into the 30s this week, much to my dismay. I'm being stubborn and wearing only a couple of layers of tights and staying in my lighter jacket despite the threats of snow. If I don't concede maybe it will go away.
Thank you Dad for being so timely about sending the GPS (She's in a VERY large and rural area and getting lost is a problem), because I would have never found some recent appointments on my own.  

I plugged in my home address to see how long it would take me to just drive straight home once already. (It's a bit longer of a drive than I expected.) I do have these moments where I'm like yeah, this worked out, there's God's hand and it's sweet... But you have to slog through a lot of junk to get there, so I guess I have to earn it by the amount of slogging we go through. We're working on looking forward to the good things. (I feel bad about looking forward as much as I do to email because man I miss talking to people about something other than Jesus Christ sometimes. But I look forward to it none the less.)
Thursday evening we were fed by a member who hasn't been to church in a long time and she's more or less like... I'm ready to come back. I want a temple recommend. Can I feed you weekly? Yes. Sweet. Something's paying off.  Please come to church. And please invite us over when your husband's there so even though he's stubborn and won't admit to needing this sort of thing but he's listening. I hope he accepts so they can be sealed in the temple. She's a sweet lady and he's been good for her and he needs those blessings too. A great priesthood holder.
At another door we heard through the door after we knocked "Don't bother about the door, it's just bible people." Kay. Thanks. There was a Methodist church with pretty windows so we wandered in and checked it out, but literally no one was there and it was kind of creepy. Also really unsafe because like... There's expensive audio/visual equipment in here and you left the door unlocked? Okay. We also knocked into a Baptist preacher that insinuated we were probably going to Hell because we 'didn't understand the attributes of God correctly or worship a God that isn't in the Bible'. Uhm. Alright. At least he was very subtle/polite about it. Our day got better when we found a giant metal chicken in someone's front yard and another yard COVERED in tiny flamingos. Attached are pictures.
All my love
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment