Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year!


It did arrive on time (her New Years box filled with a large bottle of Martinellis, laundry soap, confetti poppers, pictures, letters, and other odds and ends), and we did cover each other in glittery goodness. :) I may have consumed the Martinelli’s bottle by myself. So we'll be getting another one with the money you sent.
The missionary effort goes on. We have 2 new investigators, and one solidly on date for the 23rd of this month. Hopefully we can get him baptized before the transfer and the rest solidly along as well before then.

We walked in on what initially looked like a grisly murder on someone's front lawn. In our search for an explanation, we found a deer leg. We moved on, only to find some more of the carcass- another leg and a variety of parts - spread across the drive way of a house a bit up the street. We're assuming wolves or wild dogs. It was a good look. I recorded some of it. :) (ewwww)

We got snowed in on Monday- the roads weren't safe enough to travel, but we were good to go out the rest of the week. It was very, very cold. ;-; And this is a heavy knocking area, so whoooo outside. I put hand warmers in my boots regularly. It’s cold.

I am grateful for any excuse to wear pants (much warmer) and hand warmers. I'm also grateful for a companion I love most dearly (she's my favorite one so far; it would be hard to top this!).

Love you,

Christine

1 comment:

  1. Since my companions were all guys, like sums up the depth of feeling for most of them. Elder Garn Ford Nelson of Walnut, California was the one I liked/loved most. When he prayed, I would want to open my eyes to see God, so strong was his presence when Elder Nelson prayed.

    ReplyDelete