Wednesday, September 2, 2015

SHE HAS RETURNED!


From Mom - Everything has been taken care of, and Christine was cleared to return.  She flew out last Saturday, and is quickly settling in to her new trio-companionship.

I'm well. It was coldish when I arrived- 65 degrees or so. Not so bad but I was dressed expecting heat. Oh well. It's warming up again... 74 degrees isn't so bad, but it’s muggy as all get out.

I'm in a trio in Iowa City. My two companions are Sister Dilworth, a 4 month old Idahoan, and Sister Carter, a 7 month old Sacramento native. We bonded immediately over being Californian.
The area is nice- we're more or less in suburbs, close to a college city. So we have a lot of options here. We share our area with a set of Spanish speaking elders. One is from Honduras and speaks barely a word of English. Poor kid. But he's a convert to the church so he's definitely a champ for putting up with this.
My companion from Cedar Rapids (from before she left the mission field) called and we had a nice chat. We'll likely see each other at transfers at the end of September.
Trying hard not to have home sickness. It’s kind of difficult starting totally over in getting comfortable and in the groove. Such is life.
I should be good for stuff for a while. I bought a bunch of things I forgot today (toothpaste woops)...
All my love
Sister Kurt

1 comment:

  1. Over the river and thru the woods? Three little sisters? Sounds like the beginning of a new nursery rhyme. Only thing missing is a big bad wolf!

    Sei brav, kindtlein. (be good, little one). Luv, Uncle John

    ReplyDelete