Monday, September 21, 2015

New leadership assignment


At the Nauvoo Illinois Temple
Carter Kurt Dilworth
Mom and Dad attended some big-deal Boy Scout training and she responded:  Yay scouting! Yay Woodbadge! Sounds like you guys had a good time. Hope it continues to go well.

I have yet to receive a second box since the you sent the things I asked for, but I expect to see it at transfers, since a lot of mail doesn't come when we're this close (to the Mission office). Mom sent a box and asked about it.

I'm kind of settling into spicy foods (slowly) - I have a bottle of siracha sauce and have been eating that with my make-shift pad-Thai
Anyhow, onto interesting events.
This week has been a roller coaster- one of our investigators nearly dropped us because they were not understanding what they were reading. We had a good lesson with the 14 year old, but honestly she's distracted because of some of life's difficulties.  I don't feel quite in the routine, but I must be since I'm the one keeping my companions on track, more or less. Still feel a little bit like a mother hen chasing my children on to the next appointment/plan. The cold is beginning to come, so I'm feeling even more antsy to find those who we'll be working with through the winter- I don't want to do this much finding in the snow.

We went to the temple (in Nauvoo, Ill) on Saturday with the member family we live with, so they, their 6 children and the 3 of us piled into their 11 passenger van for the 2 hour drive (one way). Needless to say I was super sick... But the temple was wonderful. Very peaceful... made extra peaceful because our session was delayed twice (totaling 30 minutes) so we got to sit and ponder extra... I was having a rough time focusing and because I haven't slept through the night once since night one, I as almost dozing off once or twice. Sorry. >>; But it was fun. I bought a mini hymn book while in Nauvoo and we saw much of the ward there for the Ward Temple Day. The drive back pretty much ended me, and I got out of the car, shed all my things, and meant to only nap for the dinner period... Apparently when my companions went to wake me, I could not be, so... I slept the rest of the day. I feel super bad for wasting that much time, but with how little I've been sleeping lately, some things can't be helped. I slept most of that night too, if that’s any indication just how wiped out I am.

Lots of little spiritual things, I guess. Mostly in studies, getting guidance and gentle reminders about what I need to be doing.

This week is transfer week, which means Mondays are normally a fateful day of waiting. Normally leadership calls come in the morning and then everyone else gets called the rest of the day. All of my calls have come between 9:30pm and 11pm at night. So imagine my freak out this morning when we get a phone call at 9:15AM from the Mission President himself... Telling my two companions that they are leaving, and that I am staying... because I am training a brand new missionary. I am going to be a trainer. What?!?

I'm kind of freaking out. I've been in this area 3 weeks and honestly I am not at all prepared for this. I don't know the area that well and I don't have a GPS, and I can maybe name half a dozen members when I see their faces. My companions keep telling me I'll be great and I'm very obedient but... I'm freaking out none the less. Much has to happen. I have to make sure I have all the addresses to places, see if I can get some more recent maps, see if I can track down a half way decent priced GPS maybe... I could use a few more extra prayers. Freaking. Out. Prayers, please.  WE all know she is a natural leader.... she needs to feel that, too. 
Anyhow, I know on some level it will be fine and I will be fine and my trainee will be fine and it will all be okay, but I also feel SO overwhelmed and I just... Wow.
Anyhow, I'll tell you all about her next week.
All my love.

Christine
 
 


 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment