Saturday, November 29, 2014

warmer weather and things are getting better



Things are getting better with my companion. The prayers, the striving to let stuff go, ignore stuff, and just generally being less mean to each other (plus I definitely started using frankincense and lemon oil, which is supposed to be very helpful in managing anxiety and such.) Has been pretty effective. We generally end the day positively.

We went to the temple Friday with the ward, and had a positive experience. I love going to the temple and it kills me to not be able to see you or any of the faces I loved so much before my mission... It’s also really sad too know that if I get move farther away from the temple(there are only 3 or so areas that are closer than we are, and maybe 1 other that is farther out that can go), I won't be able to go... And if the missionaries only get on average 3 visits, I won't be going again until my departing temple trip... Over a year from now. Sad day. We'll see how it goes.

Anyhow, we have an investigator on date to be baptized this weekend. Marcellus is awesome. He knows pretty much all of the answers to the questions we asked him and was pretty much ready to be baptized the day we met him. (Rare, but a wonderful thing for a missionary!) This is what we're out here to do. We also have a family on date to be baptized the 20th of December, which will be a challenge because they both smoke a LOT. But the family went to Nauvoo, Illinois, this last Saturday for a member-missionary Thanksgiving event and they learned a lot and loved it. The mom is definitely the driving force, but her little boy was the start of it all. He invited us right in and wanted us to come back. Once mom was on board, things really got moving. We're excited. I'll be so disappointed if they don't get baptized.

The weather was beautiful yesterday and the day before- it was in the 50s, and though it rained yesterday, we did some good knocking. Nothing really came of it, but diligence... The Lord will reward us for our hard work. It’s back in the 30s, but that's still not as bad as the other week. It was in the teens... People still like to tell me it will be getting in the negatives and I guess I'll just appreciate California weather more when I get home.


No comments:

Post a Comment