Monday, November 10, 2014

New investigators



I'm sorry! I'm so terrible at remembering to take pictures (of her and her companion - Moms request), and she doesn't like to take pictures on p-day. I'll write it down so I don't forget.
We're working with a 13 year old who's getting bullied at school, and I'm just blown away at the behaviors of others. But then again there are a number of things I wish I could go back and fix that I've done. Perspective changes a lot of things.

We have two investigators on date, and 5 investigators or so besides. We've had several cool experiences where we've knocked on doors that I've knocked on in the past and no one would answer, and someone answers and we set up an appointment to come back... Frequently it gets dropped, but regardless, we've met a number of people I had never seen. The most interesting of our new investigators is the 13-year-old I mentioned. His parents weren't interested, but we asked if he was, and so we met him again to teach the restoration. He accepted.
 
Things are a little rough sometimes. I'm learning not to take things personally, especially when it's not necessarily directed at me. Let it go. I'm trying pretty hard not to be sarcastic while I'm out on my mission.
Anyhow, I love you, staying warm.
Christine

The 10 day weather report, starting tomorrow, is in the low 30s....as the high....low percentages of precipitation means a little snow, too.... oh, my southern California girl.... I hope her cold-weather gear does its job well!

Christine has been serving her mission for nearly 4 of her 18 months.

She'd love to hear from you!  
Sister Christine Kurt
Des Moines Iowa Mission
8515 Douglas Ave #19
Urbandale, IA 50322-2924 

No comments:

Post a Comment