Friday, October 24, 2014

New companion, working, and Halloween

My companion is great. Her name is sis. Randall, and she's born in Idaho. Her family's in Utah now, but she's not that stereotypical LDS girl from one of the LDS heartlands. She's 24, and spent 5 years working a salon, figured out she needed to go on a mission similarly to me, and has a wide variety of life experiences. She's great and I'm already learning a lot from her. I'll be sure to send a picture next week- I forgot to take one.
I'm excited about the mormon movie- Its going to be coming to the local theater in the next few weeks, so we can try to direct more people from the area to watch it- the next closest place is like 2 hours away. Not really worth it to most people here.
I miss the Haunt and Halloween in general, but a member has promised us a pizza and a pumpkin full of candy(each!), so I guess our sweet tooth side will be appeased, even if I don't get to dress up. I miss costuming terribly.
The work goes on here- we have two new investigators, and we're starting to get the members to come out with us on lessons. We have a LOT of potentials now, and we've spent 6+ hours in the last 3 or 4 days knocking doors. Sis. Randall is really good at it. It's beginning to rub off on me too; I'm more comfortable with knocking. I don't love it, but I don't hate it so much either.
I'm not sure what to tell you guys! Are there specific things you want to hear about? It's a lot of the same old same old here. Trying to make appointments, trying to get people to keep them, teaching sometimes, meeting a lot of people who aren't interested in hearing more because they're 'comfortable' with their religion, etc.
Christine
 
Mom and Dad went to Knotts Berry Farm Halloween Haunt recently....we brought Christine with us...and here are the photos of her having fun with us! The staff and other revelers thought me odd for carrying her face around with us, but loved the idea of taking photos for her.... she will get a copy of the photos....hoping she wont be home sick because of them.
Knotts in lights.... does she look like she's having fun?
Christine, her parents, and a ghoul

Funnel cakes are so delicious, aren't they, Christine?
Knotts Berry Farm scary car
Knotts Berry Farm scary car again

Scary car grille

Kurts and friends at the Knotts Haunt - can you see Christine in the middle there?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment