Sunday, October 19, 2014

Boots, transfers, and Owls!




I did get the gloves! They're great! The fingers are a smidge narrow, but I think they'll stretch out after some wear.  I love them to pieces. It's not been quite cold enough for me to wear gloves right now- we're inside frequently enough. (I tried to make them to her hands which are larger than mine, and longer...almost!)
I actually ended up buying a second pair of boots out here. They were on sale for 15$ in Huffman's, which is a local farm equipment store. They're cuter than my snow boots (and warm- they're fleece lined and some sort of suede pseudo leather outside), so I have kind of an in between for my brown boots and my snow boots. Snow boots for days when the snow is all over the place, I guess.
 I miss our kitties. We meet with many people who have cats, but they're not ours.
Ants haven't been a problem here... Its more along the lines of spiders. But I guess our hedgeballs are mostly working, because we've only seen one in the house, and it's getting pretty darn cold.
This week is transfer week, and I'm parting with my companion, Sis. Boone. I won't know who my new companion is until Thursday (10/16) when we meet in Iowa City, but I am rather heartbroken because Sis. Boone is going home to Idaho, and so there's been a ton of chatter about that and it's hard for me to avoid thinking about home myself. The next two days are largely last appointments with people so she can say goodbye. We are of course getting work done, but still.
Things are okay here though. Sis. Boone went to her departing temple trip on Tuesday, so I spent the day with the companionship in Hamilton. Got a little perspective on personal thinking while on a mission.
One of our investigators, Brandi, is doing great. She's committed to paying tithing before her baptism, because she needs all the help she can get from heaven, and that is a way to do it.
We also have a new investigator, Deleana! She’s had a hard life, but her faith in God is strong, and she has two great inquisitive sons. It'll hopefully be a good experience for all and we can help that whole family come unto Christ.
We've done a lot of door knocking this week, and I still feel like a door to door salesman. But I'm doing it, and I'm talking more, so progress is progress. I'll get there when I get there. Few people start out good and effective at door knocking, and we haven't done much of it before this last week, so I have a few more miles of doors to go before I'm even remotely proficient at it.
We saw “Meet the Mormons” (www.MeetTheMormons.com ) on Tuesday, and we all for the most part loved it. There aren't any places that are under a 45 minute drive from us that are showing it thought, so we won't have much opportunity to use it for proselyting before it (hopefully) comes out on DVD. We do need to be careful with it though, because it’s not specifically meant for proselyting.
Included are some pictures of our district, some owls Sis. Moses made us, and pictures of my planner art. We have these planner books that we tend to decorate because otherwise they're boring. Sis. Boone decorated my first one, as all good trainers do, and I decorated the other two. The green one is just a river and serene sky, and the second one is decorated with the smiling Jesus pictures a recent convert gave me.
All is well. Safely Rest. God is nigh.
Sis. Christine Kurt

New boots from the farmers supply store... $15...such a deal!

cardboard Sister Owls

Christine and her Sister Owl

District
Elder Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment