Sunday, July 27, 2014

MTC days



MTC Day 1
We did this group role play things that was kind of intense.  While it was nice to be challenged for once, there was some serious bungling and I feel like we didn’t get enough information.  It was good though.  I learned really abruptly.  Wish I had remembered to get a copy of the “17 points of the True Church”… (I sent off 2 copies the next day)
My luggage is much smaller than everyone elses (Her luggage was purchased for temporary traveling, not her mission, so a larger piece was sent to arrive before she leaves for Iowa).  So I’m feeling a little under-packed – I could have my Temple gear!  (Some LDS people attend Temples, which is different than Sunday church – click here to find out why) Oh well.  Missing tennis shoes for mandatory gym time.  We’ll see what I can do about that.  Kinda missing my plethora of blankets, too.  Love love love the notes mom left scattered through my stuff!  Thank you!  And the snacks are great too! (From the MTC Survival Kit)
MTC Day 3
We’ll be going to the Provo Temple this Thursday as well ( so much for my prep time being for me!), but even those who have their stuff are being told “don’t bring them”, since they give us our gear for free… we’ll get to go to the Nauvoo Temple every 6 months.
I’m so tired and burnt out already, and nine days to go.  P-Day can’t come soon enough.  Gym is nice, too – pants and shirt. 
Allegedly, there’s a day where they serve pizza and that is it glorious; don’t know when that is, or how good it actually is.  We have many options every meal, even cereal and PB&J sandwich makings if the two or three entrees don’t appeal.
I’m rather overwhelmed.  I haven’t ever lived through an immersion program before.  Camp was the closest, with the schedule and the necessity of early bed just to have enough sleep to function the next day, it wasn’t mentally challenging like this.
                Christine
(Unfortunately, Christine was unable to attend the Provo Temple on 7/24/14 because it was Pioneer Day for the LDS church.  It is the anniversary of the day when the Saints, who had crossed the plains in covered wagons, entered the Salt Lake Valley for the first time in 1849.  It is something close to a National Holiday in Utah.  Businesses are closed, parades are marched, and celebrations are held all over the state.  The Temple was closed that day, too.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment