Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Winter is coming


 
Real seasons...yaay!
Christine the trainer
I miss the Haunt (Knotts Berry Farms Halloween event). ): Next year! Thank you for the photos.

I like being a trainer so far- my companion is very enthusiastic in that she has lots of new ideas and really has nothing to dampen them, so she's always asking about inviting members and putting on events that require much more planning and such. It’s good to have that enthusiasm - I just rein her in. Perhaps too much. I'm learning to just accept and go with the flow because I'm a little more controlling than I really need to be. So it’s been a lot of learning for me too. (Good for her!  Teaching is a really good way to learn!)

Sisters Marsh and Kurt
We're inviting more of the members out to our adventures and they often say, “oh yeah you haven’t been over in a while. Come over this week...” and then we plan meals. It’s mostly been about building member trust and interest in us and the work. We're also trying to do more interactive lessons.

Yay! Looking forward to boxes. :) I love boxes.  I was going to ask if you sent my cold stuff (I did…the box should arrive this week…cold weather clothes and candy!) - it’s beginning to get cold here (below 30 the other night), but yay. :) I don't remember if I said, but the last box did arrive two weeks ago (finally). The weather is dipping down here- lows in the 40s, highs in the 60s mostly (though today is a little warmer). We're not knocking quite so much - more people are letting us in to teach them. So we have a few new investigators this week. We're also doing our best to get more people out with us (especially since some of them speak almost exclusively French and we... do not. At all.)  We're teaching two Indians right now, so we ordered a copy of the Book of Mormon in Bengali. International in the mid-west. Weirdness. (Who knew?)
Warhammer nerd pin...shhhhh!
We had a lady answer the door and let us in. She was just a friend so she went to get the owner of the house.
And one is yelling to the other- “there's some girls here to see you. It looks like they're holding Bibles in their hand.” We were holding Books of Mormon!  The other yells back - “Are they Jehovah's Witnesses? “

They had this whole conversation about whether or not we were JWs in the other room... Eventually she came back and more or less dismissed us, but we made sure she knew we weren't Jehovah's Witnesses. Woops.

A friend mailed me a nerd pin. It’s from Warhammer (my faction!) (A game she likes). I love it a lot and wear it under my name tag sometimes. :) We found a pretty tree to stand under too.

Thank you for all the love and support.
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment