Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Progress and Improvement in the New Year

It’s okay here. Things are better. We went on exchanges (a set of two trainers split up with another set of two Sisters that are having difficulties and help them figure out how to more effectively work together) and the Sister Training Leaders really helped us sort things out. It was super cathartic to go into another area with a super supportive companion to just hear me. I needed to see for myself without the fear and anxiety that I’m totally capable as a missionary. (YES SHE IS!) Afterwards things weren't perfect, but things are increasingly better. I'm less anxious and my companion is more amiable. There are still a couple of sore subjects and we still have our moments, but we laugh a little more often together.  Things are better! (YAY!)

We have a 9 year old on date for this Saturday... hoping it goes well. She needs the support and guidance of the Ward and the Spirit. One couple has resolved for the New Year to quit smoking, so they're on date for the 13th. Prayers for them to overcome and quit. Our other investigator with a date, Robyn, has had 3 people die in the last week or so and isn’t really talking to us because she's so overwhelmed. I don’t blame her; she needs the light of the Gospel to illuminate her life.

There's snow on the ground now, and they're projecting negatives in the next few days (see the weather report below). It’s been single digits all today. I am not pleased, but I got a few more thermals and warm things during the post-holiday sales today. The roads are crazy icy, and we’re rethinking our plans to go out to some of our more obscurely located member's houses this week; it does us no good to get stranded when it’s offensively cold outside (that description makes me laugh…).

I'm on a tablet today; it’s surprisingly irritating and exhausting to write on them, so I’m only writing one letter this week. ASUS. Perhaps more next week... unfortunately I won’t know until the end of next Monday if I’m being transferred, and we write in the morning. So two weeks until you guys know if I’m moving! If I don't move... I’ll be okay. The Lord will take care of me. I have to trust that the Lord will take of you guys while I’m gone... trust that the Lord will take care of me while I’m here. :)

I love you.
The gospel is true.
The Atonement is real.
Trust in the plan.

Christine



Just for reference....the forecast for the next few days…..

Day                        date       high temp / low temp
Tuesday                     1/6             12* / -8*
Wednesday                1/7             -5* / -12*            (what?)
Thursday                   1/8             23* / 3*                (warmer!)
Friday                        1/9             6* / -3*
Saturday                    1/10         22* / 14*             (it’s warm again today!)
Sunday                      1/11          25* / 13*             (even warmer!)
No snow, mostly sunny, partly cloudy

No comments:

Post a Comment