Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas decor, back on track, and technology



I have pictures and things- I will have to send them later though, as the library was out of laptops and tablets lack the USB ports I need to be effective. Oppa technology. I just might send home a thumb nail drive because I recorded some videos too and we're not allowed on YouTube to upload them nor are they small enough to attach on emails...

Snowflakes all cut out (Mom sent templates & scissors), trees taped up (also, a green glittery paper tree, with a stack of paper ornaments, & tape, thinking she wouldn’t have a real tree), our real tree all decorated (what?), one of my two nativities hung up, and I'm almost all caught up on the advent calendar (I sent envelopes with fun facts, histories, and graphics for the 25 days of December). I'm excited for whatever you have for me, but honestly the thing I'm most excited for is pictures and the ability to Skype home the 25th. I miss home.

Glad the kids are making life work... Sorry to Katie for the lack of martial arts (as a PE class option) - they were all gone long before I graduated. Ballroom dancing is a lot of fun. I also enjoyed just the regular gym classes- you get to use whatever in the weight room, so it’s entirely up to her.

Life's crazy here, but not in an all bad way. I'm still not 100% with my companion, but I'm getting pretty talented at just keeping my mouth shut. Fighting is just not worth it to me (good for her!). It’s only 6 more weeks.

The James family is on date, and will be baptized just before Christmas if they maintain their decision to quit smoking. We do this workshop with them and it appears pretty effective. I wouldn't know personally, but sounds good! Marcellus is also back on date for that same time, so hopefully it all pans out. We have a ton of meetings and ward things and such going on, so I'm not totally sure how much missionary work is actually going to get done... They keep us busy.

It’s been cold, but not cold enough to keep the snow we had the other week. It’s been between the 30s and 40s, and we're trying to make the most of that. It’s been pretty nice, really. (Sounds like her blood is getting thicker and the cold isn’t bothering her as much!  YAY!  Makes Mama happy! We watch the weather in her area; we have little to complain about here!)

I love you. The plan of salvation is perfect, despite our imperfections. (An explanation of “The Plan of Salvation”, or “The Gospel”, as we know it can be found by clicking HERE.  The other names we call it are “The Plan of Happiness” and “The Glad Message of the Gospel”…. We see it as the pre-mortal life/earth life/eternal life that Father in Heaven has set out for us – He wants us to be happy, to learn, and to return to Him.  He is our Father, and like any other Father wants the best for us, and wants us to give us the best that He has.  The Plan of Salvation is the best He has to give us… it does require some work on our end….but anything really worth having, is worth the work.)

Christine

click on: HE IS THE GIFT – a video Christmas message

Skype is up and running on the computer and we can’t wait to hear from her.  Calling/Skyping is allowed on Mother’s Day and Christmas Day only, otherwise letters on Mondays are it!  I promised to send a flash drive to her so she can send photos and videos home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment