Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Almost Christmas!


Two people got baptized this weekend. It was awesome because it feels like it's been a long time coming for both of them. Marcellus was originally dated for Nov 29th, but he wasn't sure he was ready. Gabriel was dated for Dec 6th, but we held off in hopes that he'd be able to be baptized with his family when his parents quit smoking. It didn't pan out, so we're still working with his parents. I didn't know it was THAT hard to quit! Smoking addictions are incredibly strong. Not that it was ever a concern, but wow, avoid that like the plague.
The weather has been up and down as of late- its almost 40 today, and been hanging out in the 30s mostly. I hope it stays that way. I’m looking forward to new adventures in a new place… I want very much to transfer.
Send the ward my love too- their Christmas cards came. 

Thanks for the bars and shake things (I sent breakfast foods since they are often fed dinners) - I'm set for food in general for a while! There are a few things I'm likely to have to leave behind when I transfer. Hopefully the next missionary here after me likes whatever I leave.
 Hopefully the Griffith Observatory won't be too cold that day! How has the weather been, anyway? (We’ll be leading a Cub Scout trip to the Observatory in the near future)
Good for Katie! That was something I never really managed to do (get and keep high grades). Hopefully she keeps it up! I want to see the Hobbit! Augh. A set of members here went to a showing that showed all 3 movies back to back. I was terribly jealous.
When are you going down to the Mormon Battalion? (historic site in San Diego – important in Mormon History...click here for LDS site.....click here for Wikipedia....click here for MormonBattalion.com)
I pet most of the cats we come across and think of the babies back home. I miss them, though I'm glad to be mostly animal hair free!
I've learned so much out here, and I've grown so much out here... It's been hard as of late but still (the holidays are traditionally difficult for missionaries, being away from home), I'll be sad to go (home) because I know this is the most learning and growing that I've ever done. But at the same time I'm anxious to apply all this stuff into my regular life!
I love you. I miss you. Only through Christ are we made perfect. The church is true, despite all the flawed human beings in it.
Talk to you soon! (Christine will Skype on Christmas morning – we are vibrating with anticipation!)

Christine

(an excerpt from her dads response) Love you sweetie and we are doing just fine! Don't be worrying about stuff at home, we are blessed in so many ways that I know we don't see everything and won't know about until we see the replay on the other side of the veil.

See you Christmas morning! Have fun this week and remember whose Birthday it is we're celebrating!

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment