Monday, July 11, 2016

The work progresses....


One email remains (one more P-Day next week, then she comes home the following Friday).

 

So it's been a rollercoaster of a week, with a lot of surprises and several moments of "I'm glad I won't be here in 2 weeks."

 

We went to pageant 3 nights in a row, getting home particularly late the night before and still rising bright and early as we are required to do. It was a lot of fun (though it was muggy the first day), and we even had an investigator come and do the tour with us.  She had a very positive experience and we're hoping it will continue to open doors for missionaries in the future. I know I won't live (stay in the mission field long enough) to see that to fruition.

 

That was another hard aspect about this week- weekly planning (which took us several short sessions over the course of 3 days instead of our usual single 2-3 hour session because of how much was going on) spent a lot of time planning things that I would likely not see, like setting dates several weeks from then. Sad, but the planning must go on. 

 

We had Zone Conference this week, before a pageant trip. It was a long drive and an even longer meeting.. It was nice to talk to President and Sister Badger (new Mission President and wife)- they even shared a lunch table with us. Poor them though- needless to say, I spent most of the time leading the discussion. I am a story teller.

 

Friday we drove the 1 1/2 hour to Quincy to see a member doctor there; I was approved for a few visits.  So I saw a chiropractor this morning - I'll be back Wednesday and likely Friday after that, and hopefully that's enough because that's all I'm approved for and that's all I have time for anyhow, with the following week being transfer week (he also goes out of town then, so it’s just as well.)

 

Saturday was lovely in that there were two baptisms (two different people the elders were working with), and we had several lessons, so the work progresses.

 

All my love

 

Christine

1 comment: