Friday, February 13, 2015

car crash and curly hair




Sister Kurt and Sister Chandler
Ew, sick! We've been pretty blessed. My last companion got pretty sick for awhile, but knock on wood, I haven't been seriously sick while I've been out here. Lots of water and lots of rest!

So I'm fine, but after the letters home last week, we got rearended pretty good. Our Nissan Frontier was more or less fine- the little Chevy Aveo got pretty crunched. She slid into us. Ice sucks. So we missed out on a lot of our Pday because of it(running around getting paperwork and stuff done.)... At least its all superficial damage, but it's still going to take a week to repair, and we're going to be walking for a week. The truck goes in the 18th. We get it back the day before transfers, a week later.
I've started kinda curling my hair in an attempt to use the flat iron a little less, and I think it looks interesting.

there's my companion, Sister Chandler.
Our blue truck, and her red 4banger.

We're still working with a mom and daughter, but their date got moved back because mom works the whole weekend. We're now shooting for the 28th. Pray for them- life's really hard right now, so we're just trying to keep them point so they can have the Holy Ghost to make some decisions that are coming up fast.
We're also working with Jackie still, but her date will also move back, as she hasn't been to church yet, and as she has been very sick, she won't be able to attend for awhile. But its a matter of time for her, so I'm not worried.
We've been given good direction from other missionaries and leaders, so hopefully we can get this ball moving a little faster. WE're in some serious need of new investigators right now. Pray for our courage to talk to everyone we come into contact with.
The church is true. The Atonement only stops being an abstract concept when you use it in your life. The spirit speaks to you all the time; you just need to recognize its there.
I don't think the Groundhog thing works here? We only recently got snow and its projected to only get colder right now. Crossing fingers. But I'm also told the summers are brutal too. I have mixed feelings.

I love you!
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Ice does suck! I am glad you are ok! Hope you are doing well and smiling! You are amazing and strong! We miss you and so do my furry babies <3

    ReplyDelete